Sunday, November 7, 2010

Playlist: Quick

Sorry I haven't reported in recently. I saw "Brooklyn's Finest" This weekend...which featured a great opening scene with a great acting duo of Vincent D'Onofrio and Ethan Hawke...remember they were great in "Staten Island"...The film also features other great actors and at least 3 "Wire" folks...I thought it as a real good cop film...Ethan Hawke and Richard Gere were real good

The second flick was " Wreckmeisters Harmonies"...I cant remember why I got this...its an Hungarian film by director Bella Tara...composed of 2 Hours and 19 minutes he only has 39 shots, so the average shot length is like 8 minutes...its a tough film...but very philosophical...and thought provoking about a stuffed Whale, Circus and the problems a "prince" creates in this small town...Wreckmeisters was a musical theorist who surmised that music is controlled chaos made by God...similar to Pi I guess...but very European...I think it was an interview I read by Van Sant, Lynch or Ebert that got me to watch it

No comments:

Post a Comment