Friday, February 11, 2011

The Hi-Life Reason #1

As we get older we tend to appreciate the finer subtleties in pleasurable things. Maybe it's because we eventually realize that life is short. When I was young I thought everyone lived till 100. That gave me a definite END. But in fact I lived fast, as any young sprouting boy would. Life flies by and now at a more mature age I can understand that as life flies by, the pace must slow in order to savor the unexpected variations in life's travel. Whether your tastes are in music, wine, scotch, film, food, or other diversions, you can find solace here...in the Hi-Life. A place to be inspired and to connect with those who may turn you on to a new life experience. Right now I am between Hi-Life obsessions, trying to come up with one thing that truly defines for me right now and what it is that most describes a Hi-Life moment.


I bought this last week for the "Big Game"...I really like Sam Adams and can remember the first time having some years ago with our co-host in the Hi-Life, Franco. This beer gets its name from only having the hops from farms in the 48th latitude region (check a map, people) of Europe and America. It's also an Indian Pale Ale which means it is a different taste then your normal Budweiser and Rolling Rock. It takes you a moment to actually swallow it (Ed. note: That's what she said.). It has for me hints of grapefruit (which I hated as a kid, but every now and then the hint of it is a good experience)...The Sam Adams website states that it has an earthy character, which I like and agree with...think dry, not mushroomy. Good beer and we paired it with Bratwurst for the "Big Game" . Generally I like to try the Sam Adams varieties...they have a chocolate one I had my eye on and the holy grail of Sam Adams, "Utopias," which is rare and they make it as if it is a scotch. Hope you enjoyed the first edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment