Friday, March 25, 2011

Best Comedy: 2010 (Update)


No change at the top as Hot Tub Time Machine retains its crown. If anything, it retains it even more.

Due Date: Very disappointed in director Todd Philips. This just wasn't good. It's one thing when a script disregards logic for the sake of lowest common denominator action comedy, but it's even worse when the character driven scenes in between are disloyal to those same characters.  Nobody does anything that makes sense on any level and became a chore to finish. A pretty funny cameo by Danny McBride notwithstanding.

Jackass 3D: What is it about guys getting hit in the nuts that is so hard to not laugh at? I was actually thinking about this while watching guys getting hit in the nuts and felt incapable of not laughing. I hate playing the dude card, but it has to be hardwired in our DNA. Has anyone written a Freudian analysis on this?

I'm an unapologetic Jackass fan and for the most part this was more of the same of the good stuff. But I have to admit that it started getting old toward the end. And I think it's because I started getting old toward the end. We all did. They even showed clips of the guys when they first started years ago to hammer home the point. Let's call it a wrap, boys. For all our sakes.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Due Date...it was horrible...just dredful crap

    ReplyDelete