Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lifetime Movies : 2002

One of my favorite things about this site is lifetime movies...and I have been so very neglectful. Thankfully Frank wrote in and of course I agree. Adaptation is amazing. I saw it for the first time on dvd, probably a year or two after it came out...I was not hooked on Charlie Kaufman as I was with Being John Malkovich and so never got to see it in the theater. The first time I saw it I was stunned as to how much was going on with the story. Then after repeated watches it gets clearer...and at the same time more complicated when you start to think of all the levels of reality and film and book this movie reacts on. Once then you have me going to the everglades and getting lost looking for the ghost orchid...your whole universe starts to collapse with reality folding into reality...the key here is that just like Synechdoche...the film is about life and creation...both the creation of man and the creation of a work of art that imitates man.
Best Film 2002: Adaptation


I remember being sad that Charlie did not win for the screenplay...I really had wanted to see it in theaters.

Others:


The Two Towers:
At this point I was hooked...One a year was perfect release times and this film had the most awsome fight scene of Helms Deep (at least till Return of the King)

Gangs of New York:
When I revisit this film its for Daniel Day Lewis...I could not even rememebr the rest of the film...its about revenge or something...

25th Hour:
I just saw this one I think last year...its awsome...and Spike Lee I think unknowingly made a masterpeice about more then just a guy going to jail..its about America Post 9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment