Sunday, March 28, 2010

Playlist: District 9

Not much to add here--it was as good as I had heard. An aliens among us film with an original vision. So, considering that whole "original" strike against it, how did director Neill Blomkamp even get it made? Peter Jackson cashed in some of his LotR chips and took a shot on a talented young filmmaker. And then it got an Oscar nod. Sure, there were 10 nominees this year, but still...

Now, what I would like to mention is something that kept popping into my head whenever the main character (played by Sharlto Copley , the new A-Team's Murdock, though give the guy a break for that), spoke: Summer Heights High. Huh? The little known and hysterical Aussie series that had a run on HBO a few years back. One of creator and star Chris Lilley's alter egos was a troubled Tongan teen named Jonah. Maybe it's me, but Jonah and Copley's Wikus Van De Merwe sound an awful lot alike. Is it just me?






No comments:

Post a Comment