Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Playlist: It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Milk Bath
Banana Eating Nazis
Nightman
Dayman
Masturbating Bums

These things all have one thing in common. The best new (to me) sitcom in years. Not since the American Office started have I watched a new show that I really care about...and I missed the first 4 seasons..how?...how did I miss this gloriously ridiculous show..I have recently watched all the seasons for the first time (just have season 4 to go..and I saw most of those during discovering it during season 5)...right now they (The Gang) are filming season 6...this will air in September most likely and I will be waiting. If you don't like this show I don't want to be your friend...I am that sure of myself and the people I want to be associated with.

This got me thinking about show taste...what shows make you a good friend...I could talk Seinfeld with about 75% of the public..but if my bosses knew how much I liked Always Sunny...I may not be able to continue my tenure at my current job.

What other shows must you like to be my friend?...well here is a list:
  • Get a Life
  • Twin Peaks
  • Its Always Sunny
  • The Wire
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm
  • East Bound and Down

 and to satisfy most of the public I think you must appreciate:
  • The Office
  • Quantum Leap
  • The original V
  • All In the Family
  • Mad Men
  • The Sopranos
  • Seinfeld

I don't think this is asking too much. I don't like most TV...I just can't put much time into all that's out there...so when I fall in love with Sweet D's retarded hip hop boyfriend, Charlie's unrequited love for the waitress, Dennis' odd pedophilic/homophobic/sadomasochistic tendencies and Mac's super agro hostility...you either take me with it all or leave me alone.

Synopsis: watch this show

3 comments:

  1. You don't know how much of a relief this is. Granted, I haven't seen Eastbound yet, but I'm batting 1.000 for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And btw, I felt he same way about Sunny. I'm on Season 3 after not having watched it before. Six different people--one being you--told me I needed to watch it and, well, it was the right call.

    God dam it, Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta do some eastbound...get it from the library

    ReplyDelete