Friday, October 8, 2010

Trailer Park

Could anything be more anti-trailer park than this movie? The Taqwacores is about the Muslim punk scene and, before you ask, yes, there is a Muslim punk scene. And where else would this movie be based but in Buffalo, NY? At least there won't be any confusion between "Oi, Oi, Oi" and "Oy, Oy, Oy" here. I don't expect this to change to world, but it's one of those little flashes of hope.



Is that really the opposite of a trailer park? Anyway, speaking of people who could have used some genetic engineering, here's a little sci-fi film called Jim. What? I wish my parents had been able to customize me a little better. You know what's funny, though? That people are worried that if we start designing babies we'll have this artificially perfect society. As if all of a sudden the idiots out there are going to make educated decisions. No, what we'll get is the worst of both worlds--moronic genes plus unintelligent design. That's why we need to forget about babies and start focusing on fitting qualified adults with cyborg parts. Or at least me. I have no attachment to humanity whatsoever.



Remember Cloverfield? Me too, that's why I'm excited by Monsters because we could use a good giant monster movie.  It's British and I always like to see a foreign take on Sci-fi. Plus, it's a Magnet Films release, a company I've talked about before.



The Freebie is the directorial debut of the Katie Aselton, aka Mrs. Mark Duplass. They're SMC's Brangelina. I like Katie a lot as an actress (The Puffy Chair, The League) and this has gotten good festival buzz. I'm not a big Dax Shepard fan, though. He looks terrible here, doesn't he? At least Katie doesn't.



Finally, here's a new trailer for an older film you may have heard about called Inception. Then again, maybe it's just a...then again maybe I won't make an obvious dream joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment