Friday, January 14, 2011

Playlist: The Village


Maybe it was my love of Joaquin Phoenix in last years "I'm Still Here"...but I recorded and watched "The Village" last night. This movie makes me realize that M Night is a fraud. Most of us realized this when "Signs" was just ok and then I saw that "Lady in the Water" and knew that I just could not believe in M Night anymore. Something was telling me though that I should look beyond the consensus from most critics and give him another look. (I havent seen them but most say that "The Happening and The Last Airbender" were very very bad)...The Village can not be saved by the good acting...the plot is just a drag and I knew the ending the whole time...the fact that M Night is in the end of the film and even states plot hole filler to fill in the blanks at the end just prove he is weak...he is always beter when he is not explaining ...like in his first 2 films (that Rosie O'Donnel film does not count)...where he tells us very little and they demand and even get better once you know all the twists. The best though is Roger Eberts review for Last Airbender and The Village...I tend to always agree with The E. I always hope M Night can make a come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment