Friday, January 14, 2011

What Should I Watch?


OK...I have a few days where I can stay up and watch a few flicks...I will let you the audience, post a message and let me know which film you want me to watch and then report on. I know tonight I will watch the Swedish version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Here is the list in no particular order.
1. "Youth Without Youth" with the Coppola commentary
2. Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (Cimino)
3. The Sicilian (Cimino)
4. The Sunchaser (Cimino)
5. Antichrist - commentary by director
6. Someone to Watch Over Me (Ridley Scott)
7. The New World
8. Dementia 13
9. Letters from Iwo Jima
10. Grindhouse (full experience...I never saw Planet Terror)
11. Seven Samurai (pretentious)
12. Hour of the Wolf (see above)
13. Picinic at Hanging Rock (I feel like I should see the classics)
14. Bronson
15. Rashomon
this list looks daunting...the more I type it the more I just want to watch Madmen instead...let me know what I should watch...or if Netflix Watch instantly I can take other requests (by the way I plan on seeing Cyrus again this week and am buying The Social Network.)

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen any of those movies and feel like i'd be even less excited to read a review you've written about them.

    Watch Welcome to the Dollhouse, I love that movie. I try to observe people watching it because it their reaction tells me what kind of person they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Dollhouse, V? You should.

    From your list, I think you should see Planet Terror. I've seen Seven Samurai--it is long but very good and not pretentious. Same with Rashoman--just a good film. I had to stop watching Hanging Rock because it was soooo slow. Put the numb "ass" in classic. Definitely pick something you haven't seen before, something fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sad...these are a list of films I feel I "must watch"...I guess I lead a sad existence...Girl with the dragon tattoo intrigued me but was just ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you "must watch" them, then watch them you must! F the poll, just pick what you want. The review will still get read. You're Vinny Guns, who knows more about film than you?! We need you to lead us with that powerful chin and brilliant mind.

    ReplyDelete