Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hereafter


Classic Eastwood film: Interesting, thoughtful, slow, and a bit too long. The sci-fi angle, which intrigued me enough into listing it as a movie to watch last autumn, turned out to be more spiritual, afterlife nonsense (I know, the title, right?) Still, I didn't dislike it and found myself wanting to find out how the three intersecting storylines played out. Matt Damon is his usual solid self, but I was pleasantly surprised by Bryce Dallas Howard who I can't seem to figure out. Do I like her? I didn't even realize it was her at first. I think I associate her too closely with Shyamalan, but I'm willing to let that go.

So, there you go. Not a ringing endorsement of the movie, but a recommendation if you're in a patient mood. PLUS

No comments:

Post a Comment