Wednesday, July 13, 2011

13 Assassins

Easily I would put this up on my top 10 list of 2010...this actually could be number 2 or 3 on my list. I like the Samurai Genre of films but have never seen alot of them...or at least never saw the classics yet like Seven Samurai...I know its a classic but I think the language is a barrier. Black and White may also be a barrier. This film is by Takashi Miike...the director that makes like 8 films a year...most are just films to make others are diamonds in the rough and other are Like the classic Ichi The Killer (a classic)...this film is violent...not as violent as Ichi but this film is deep, it feels like a classic...it is a "men on a mission" type film...it is a war film...it is a piece of history from the Japanese culture. Sometimes the effects are a bit too ridiculous for the events shown on screen...but that is a part of the Miike tradition. To me this film is an immediate classic for the war/samurai genre...it is a must see and is one of the best films of last year.

Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment