Tuesday, July 19, 2011

High Life Update



The summer list had one item I really wanted to indulge in. Tonight I sit on my grand veranda overlooking the mighty Alafia River. I sip Makers Mark 46 and smoke a Hemingway Arturo Fuente Gran Riserva I got in Ybor City. The combination is electric on this fine evening...the deep tones of the cigar make the whiskey taste much sweeter then it does alone. The Fuente is a Tampa Cigar I...I have been sampling Tampa's own Cuban sandwiches this summer...Sure I went and got one from Publix a few weeks ago...It was ok...but the high life demands authenticity...so I ventured to taste a Cuban and devil crab from 4 locations:

1. Ybor Grille in Ruskin (I know...Ruskin?)...the devil crab was great...hunking pieces of crab and the sandwich can get 3 out of 5 cigars.

2. La Septima in Brandon (2nd Location) - devil crabs were much better sandwich also...3 out of 5 cigars

3. Silver Ring - in Riverview - sandwich was real good and crab was not so great 2 out of 5 but that's more to due with the devil crab...the sandwich is real good with the La Segunda bakery real bread and all

4. The Columbia in Ybor - You can tell that the salami is tops on this sandwich (salami for the Italian influence...pork for the Cuban ans Swiss Cheese for the?...Swiss in Ybor?)...needed more pickle but was pretty perfect and the crabs well small..they pack a punch...4 out of 5 cigars.

As for the Arturo Fuente Cigar that is now half way done...its very mild and I can recommend as a great go to Cigar...it was a little pricey at $11 but what the heck...its the High Life

Until next time...Franco and I have a Humidor to Buy..now that's the High Life

No comments:

Post a Comment