Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sucker Punch



Well, I said this was going to be the best movie ever or a piece of rancid crap when I first saw the trailer. And, shock of shock, I was wrong. It was crap, yes, but not rancid. Once I let go of hope that it would gain any substance, I enjoyed the over the top steampunk/mecha/kung fu action scenes...to a point. I'm CGI'd out at this point, especially blatently obvious CGI sets and backgrounds. Also, I didn't really ever get the point of the story which felt like it was based on some emo band's concept album about an abused, persecuted girl's fight to be herself. Or stop cutting or something. Let's forget this, Zack Syder, and focus on Superman.

Then again, Don Draper showed up at the end so who am I to complain that much. Still, MINUS

No comments:

Post a Comment