Sunday, December 19, 2010

Playlist: Battle of the Scott Pilgram reviews

Ok I liked this film "just OK"...my one sentence review..."Scott Pilgram made me realize how much I loved 500 Days of Summer"...The film is made like a new found style of video game, facebooking, hipster generation kids...its for them...I am old now and just dont fit in...right?...then how come no one...like no one...no cool teenage hipster revolution happened...no one saw this film in the theater?...why?..because I am sure there was no buzz...and those that saw it said things like.."Sure it was ok...but it was no 500 Days of Summer"...The film is fast paced with nothing really happening...I think Ramona is hot...Knives is a better actress...even Mackally Calkins brother is a better actor as a gay roomate then Micheal Cera...Cera's schtick is wearing off...Actors like JGL (Joseph Gordon Leveitt)...are just blowing past him...Jason Schwartsman was great in it...but even he is just too old for a part like this...Brandon Routh was great...and a surprise visit from Tomas Jane and Clifton Collins Jr were great...but I could care less for Ramona and Scott...she is not right for him and 500 Hundred Days of Summer was already all about this and done better and with less gimmick...after a while the video game /comic book wolrd was like a bad Ang Lee Hulk Fim...another comparison is with Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...and for the ending and not just the Hair color of the main girl character...and another thing why not have a film like this with a female lead?...I mean all these teen/young adult films have men as the hero and they chase the girl...its like the girl is just there as the prize/....whatever...I liked this film but I truly belive that I will never see it again and in fact I will re watch 500 days of summer over and over.

2 comments: