Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Playlist: Documentaries

Saw these two this week on Netflix Watch Instantly and I can recommend both.

Capturing the Freidmans:


Pedophiles, Jews, party clowns and Long Island...sounds like a great weekend at the Birnbaums...but no wait..it's the Friedmans (sorry Paul I couldn't help myself). This is a crazy story some of which I believe and some of which makes me question my own reality and existence...this plays like the This is Spinal Tap Bar Mitzvah edition.




Exit Through the Gift Shop:


Street Art meets "The Greatest Showman on Earth"...this is a wild tale that is similar to the above documentary...people do crazy things in front of a video camera...in fact don't they always act differently...I think I saw this done best this year with I'm Still Here...the Joaquin Phoenix film. In that film maybe Phoenix and Affleck are commenting on this very thing...our "America's Funniest Videos" mentality...life and Humans are changing folks...we do things unnatural now and are evolving...the video camera is our Big Black Obelisk (2001 reference)

4 comments:

  1. whoa! cool! i'm a celebrity. This is like the time when i was in junior hight it rained really hard and the channel 7 news truck came to our block because it was all flooded. and we were on tv for a half a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally cashing in that chip? If that was today, we could have taken that video viral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the clip would be called "Awkward kid with terrible haircut stands next to water".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see Paul all wet

    ReplyDelete