Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Kaufman Kronicles: Human Nature

Last Nights film continuation was "Human Nature"...a film Charlie wrote after Malcovich and really wrote years before either of these films were close to being made. This one is way under the radar when it comes to films...and way under the radar if you are even a Charlie Kaufman fan. While most of Charile's work may me labeled "dark" ...this is more screwball and fun...it reminds me of farsical humor. Its got some funny jokes...its got dead pan humor..its got parallels to the state of man and nature and how we all just want to deep down have sex as much as possible...its closer to a sit com style funny and less like Adaptation and very far from Synechdoche.



Regardless This film had no "strange loops" of life imitating art or the reverse...this film was directed By Gondry who later does Eternal Sunshine...its got great shots of Patricia Arquete and Rhys Ifans is really really good in this. He goes from animal man to classy, British sophisticate. He's also good in one of my favorite romantic comedies and guilty pleasure, Notting Hill.

I will take a break tonight to watch and report on "Kick Ass" which just came to my mail box...and maybe a little Madden Football tonight...but I will return to Blog about Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine (which I will listen to the commentary with Gondry and Kaufman)...and lastly Synechdoche NY...which I misspell every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment