Saturday, May 15, 2010

Playlist: Swagger Wagon Commercial

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Sienna&annotation_id=annotation_227749&feature=iv#p/c/

Go Tube This. Our buddy and fellow blogger Frank is into original shorts from directors, this could be up his and your (yes you Cinemamaltobsessed) alley. Jody Hill is a funny director, his films The Foot Fist way, Observe and Report, and HBO's East Bound and Down are a new kind of funny that has a complete sense of a writer. At his heart, Jody Hill writes with a specific voice, like Kevin Smith and Woody Allen. When you see something of these writers you know its them...and when I see Jody Hill's work in the Toyota Sienna Commercials (thanks to Slash Film for pointing these out to me)...it screams a PG version of Jody Hill. One other thing to note, now that I have seen these commercials and Observe and Report, it is clear that :
1. Danny McBribe does his dialogue best
2. Jody Hill is where I get the BOOM, from

4 comments:

  1. Single Malt CinemobsessedSat May 15, 10:05:00 PM

    I have never wanted a minivan so bad in my life. I am gonna need somewhere else to stay since I blew up my hovel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back...its all good in the hood...sorry about the house being blown up...at least the minivan is spacious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, I want a Swagger Wagon. Only problem: no one else would get the joke and then I'd just be stuck driving a minivan. Stupid in-jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup...but that pacifier chain is cool

    ReplyDelete