Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Autumn TV Preview: Fridays & Saturdays


There was a time in the not so distant past (er, my childhood) when there was actually something to watch on the weekend. In fact, Dallas was one of the two top rated shows on TV for 5 straight years at one point while airing at the now dead man's time of Friday at 9 (fyi, it was Kristen). Then there was ABC's long-running popular TGIF family block that my sisters would always watch despite me telling them over and over how lame they were...as I was sitting there next to them (did I do that?) And Saturday used to be an even bigger destination viewing night. Now? Literally nothing. There are zero scripted programs scheduled for Saturday night. I'm not blaming them for giving up. I don't do anything and I still don't watch TV on Friday or Saturday night. 

What I'll DVR and Probably Get Around to Watching
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (IFC): As you can see from the above pic, this stars "Arrested Development" alum David Cross and Will Arnett and, yes, that's enough. I don't even know what it's about. Does it matter? It's only six episodes.  

Added Frank Cred: that young bloke on the left up there? That's Blake Harrison from The Inbetweeners. Just watch it.






No comments:

Post a Comment