Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Autumn TV Preview: Sunday

 

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Sunday is considered the first day of the week? I mean, the fact that it's part of the weekend is clue one. Even that logic manual, Genesis, is pretty cut-and-dry about the Capital G sleeping in Sunday morning to recover from His busy work week. But my real question is, why don't we just fix it? I don't know who is actually in charge of something like this, but this feels more like a public consensus type of thing anyway. Or maybe we just need a solitary calendar company to take the first step. I don't know. It just seems to me that with all the big issues out there, we should knock out a few of these easy ones to get our mojo back up to speed.

What I'll Watch

The Simpsons (FOX): I wish I could quit you, Springfield. It just feels like I'm in it for the long haul now. So what if only every third show is funny. That's so besides the point. Honestly, I'll probably just DVR it and watch it whenever. But Homer's still Homer, even when he's being that Homer for the I lost count how many times. Something to look forward to this season: Flight of the Conchords sing a song. See, that's something.

What I'd Watch If I Had HBO

Boardwalk Empire: Obviously.

Eastbound & Down: See above.


Wildcard

Luther (BBC America): Stringer Bell as a brilliant British detective. Okay. I'll watch just because I'm fascinated whenever I hear Idris Elba speak in with his native accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment