Sunday, September 12, 2010

Autumn TV Preview: Wednesdays

One of my favorite parts of "The Wonder Years" was when the dad came up grumbling about busting his hump at the office. It's a great expression, made even better by the fact that you don't even need the innuendo of that other more common use of the word. Kinda like referring to Wednesday as "hump day," although I've heard my share of cheap jokes about that. It's a bit disappointing that there isn't a fun origin story for that as it simply alludes to Wednesday being a hill in the middle of the week. I know, you were hoping for some sort of Scottish fertility angle, too. There is the HUMP! amateur sex film festival which was at the center of one of my favorite movies of last year, Humpday. All of which is my way of saying there's nothing on Wednesdays.



What I DVR'd and Haven't Watched Yet But Still Plan To

Terriers (FX): FX has built up a lot of goodwill in recent years and this has gotten good buzz. It doesn't hurt that "The Shield" mastermind Shawn Ryan is an exec producer. Looks like it could be fun, but I just have to find the time to watch it. Stay tuned.

Also, keep an eye out for FX's boxing drama, "Lights Out," in January. That's a preview in a preview. Kaufman-esque, ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment