Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Final Playlist: Righteous Kill

In the old days we got 1974...a fade in and fade out...two film images of Deniro as Vito and Pacino as Micheal, from The Godfather II...years went by with speculation...will these two titans of the screen ever do a movie together...of course we eventually got it, in the right amount but it was still a tease in HEAT...they had 2 scenes together...a dinner and the last shot of the film where Al guns down Bobby...what a great film that was...years go by...and now unfortunately Al is 70 years old and Bobby is closing in on 68...so a few years ago they make Righteous Kill...it's terrible, of course, as I have made it clear in way too many posts...the end is...spoiler...but I don't care...the reverse of HEAT...I mean how weak is that..it literally has lights like the end of heat and they hold hands...Bobby shoots Al...

What else...why couldn't we get some more films out of these guys...I always respected Al a little more because he was in films less then Bobby...Bobby's best roles may be better...but Bobby has a lot of stinkers...the next rumor is a possible Bobby and Al team-up for Scorsese in a Frank Sinatra Bio-pic...Al would play Frank and Bobby would play Dean...as old men I guess...I am all for it...I just see Righteous Kill as a film based on the fact that we have Bobby and Al...and not 2 great actors...I mean why not have them as just actors acting...and not "Look, its Al and Bobby"



I will never watch this film again probably...I will watch HEAT many more times. Don't watch this film...maybe watch Taxi Driver and Scarface at the same time.

Here: I almost distilled these two for you...I'd like to distill the director and screenwriter of Righteous Kill in a BLENDER

3 comments:

  1. Wow, epic playlist. Like The Postman of playlists. So, did you like the movie? Just kidding. Isn't 50 Cent in this? Now I have no idea how it could have been bad.

    Do you think Al and Bobby made a deal during Heat that the next film Bobby would win? Sounds like Hogan and Flair trading off so they both save face?

    I'd be interested to see the original screenplay because I agree, Inside Man was great. I wonder how much Avent changed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the postman was bad ...right?...oh wait...this is bad too...I wanted to do something different...thought this would be a good avenue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts were great. Mad movies=great posts.

    ReplyDelete