Saturday, July 31, 2010

Playlist : Double Feature



















Real quick. I saw two real good comedies over the last 2 days.

1. 500 Days of Summer: Makes me want to like non-romantic comedies...and Joseph Gordon Levitt even more. Real funny and original style to this...not at all what I expected.

2. The Promotion: I have had this love fest with Seann William Scott and John C. Reilly ever since "Cop Out" and "Cyrus" respectively. Real underrated film here...very funny and almost "Office Space" quality about two nice guys turning bad and trying to go for the same promotion at a grocery store. Both actors really do a great acting job and not just for the laughs...also look out for a good Jenna Fisher, a great and subdued Fred Armisen and Randy from "The Wire". It really gets sad for our favorite slubby guy Jon C Reily especially all his weird tattoos

3 comments:

  1. Really liked 500 Days. We need more dark romantic comedies. or is it realistic romantic comedies? Love Zooey. And I love that she's so adorable here AND you hate her at the same time. The director is doing the Spider-man reboot next and I'm excited about that after seeing some of the cool creative things he did here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope SW Scott and Gallo never make a movie together or you might explode. And I ain't cleaning that mess up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gallo is 10 times better then Scott...but I just saw Moscow Zero and well...maybe Im wrong

    ReplyDelete