Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Playlist: Avatar

AVATAR
Avatar is..long..blue..illuminesent..corny..predictable..unessesary..simple............forgetable.

So with all the above that comes to mind...why did it make so much money?...for the same reasons...people are stupid I guess. I really waited a long time to see Titanic...and saw it one time, liked it ok, and never saw it again...the same could now me said for James Camerons Avatar. I will never see this film again, and maybe just maybe see the sequels that are bound to come from this. Every step of the way this film does not challenge us...my absolute favorite parts are when Sully, our deformed ex-marine that will inhabit an Avatar and become the hero we all know he will be, Sully talks into a camera to record his observations. Seriously I thought that Sam Worthington really did some great acting at this point...then the 15 foot smurfs take over...why is he so open to loving these people?...I just dont get this film...its so simple minded.



The best is the know-it-all side kick who explains all the important plot points to us...I mean even C3PO did a better job...this is just flat out stupidity.
The CGI is great of course...but the last film I saw for the CGI alone was>>>>>none..I guess it was Avatar alone. I love early James Cameron..I hope Battle Angel comes out and is kick-ass, because this was for the masses..and by masses I mean all those billions of Asians that could identify with the colors and look of the Navi...this was simply a case of making and mass marketing the perfect "Eco-Friendly" pro-native film ever made.
I will go now and wait for my next film to arrive from Netflix...I have to thank http://www.joblo.com/ for a list of "Top Ten Topless scenes you might have missed" can you guess which one I will see?

2 comments:

  1. It's Pocahontas on Endor. But the reason it was a hit was because of the 3D. Plain and simple. That is what you miss on DVD. Cameron did not make a movie as much as a theater-going experience. I don't have any desire to see it again either out of that context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exactly...thats why these 3d films will be forgetable...until we all have those 138 inch 3d tvs in our homes...even then its just not worthy

    ReplyDelete