Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Playlist: Toy Story 3

This is the Pixar's "Sophies Choice"

Ok...I am a sucker for these films...especially since having kids and seeing them grow and mature and grow out of toys. When these films first came out I could have really have cared less for these films back in 1995...in fact I never saw either of these till about 6 years ago. Now I am sucked into this world...Toy Story 2 was even better then the first so this Toy Story 3 had to live up to the hype...it does live up to the hype...I simply cried like a baby at the end...the penultimate scenes were some of the scariest scenes in Pixar history...It was a roller coaster ride of emotion...and I hate being told how to feel by films...some scenes were too long and forced emotion way too much, but I look past that, Up did it so well at the start of that film. The story is satisfying in the end...the bad part is that this starts a trend now where Pixar will have sequels for Cars, Monsters Inc and possibly The Incredibles...I love Pixar for their originality and sticking to story, I have loved all the films except Wall-E...In a summer that lacks really any good films, this was hands down the best so far.

3 comments:

  1. Wall-E was good. Don't hate.

    Btw, how is this different from the Muppets? I mean, other than the fact that I didn't cry like a sissy Mary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. muppets havae a mans hand shoved in its ass..Wall-E was terrible

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you not like about Wall-E? I distinctly remember you saying you liked it when you first saw it.

    As for the man's hand--how is that a negative? Isn't that how all of Tom Cruise's movies are made?

    ReplyDelete