Saturday, June 26, 2010

Playlist: Commando, The Sopranos, Bruno

Pretty much ran the gauntlet of emotion and questioning my sexuality last night with these three titles.

1. Commando Director's Commentary and Directors Cut: Mark Lester is a no name director that made this, Firestarter and Armed and Dangerous with Eugene Levy. He does a great commentary and goes into how he used Leni Riefenstahl and the Nazi Propaganda film Triumph of the Will as inspiration for Commando. It's a fun commentary and he is really proud of the film which makes it even funnier...the director's cut offers more dismemberment by John Matrix...the film's gore is very minimal by today's standards and except for the cursing would have got a PG-13 for the director's added gore. I loved this film as a kid and it's still fun...I love when director's feel the need to make excuses for the lack of CGI in the 1980s...they always do in commentaries for some reason.


2. The Sopranos Season 1 Episode 11 "Nobody Knows Anything": I am rewatching these from the beginning on HBO on Demand...I missed a bunch of episodes originally in 1999 when this show came out because I did not have HBO 11 years ago. Its a little ridiculous looking back, some of the episodes have great moments, some are ridiculous like the Master G rap episode, which was episode 10, Christopher does make a great Uncle Ben's Converted Rice Joke in a Harlem chicken takeout place though.


3. Bruno: I felt like I had to take a shower after this...It's not just Gay, or super gay, they might at well as had full on fisting and bestiality, etc...what is our world cumming to?...the highlights were the Ron Paul Interview..and Straight Dave's Ultimate Fighting...I laughed my ass off, and had my ass covered the whole time in case Bruno was behind me with a dildo.

What a crazy night...if I learned anything tonight, it was sometimes you have to "let off some steam"

No comments:

Post a Comment