Monday, June 28, 2010

Playlist: Bourne Identity

More reasons to love Matt Damon:

I mean I hated this kid...and only because he was handsome, young, rich, and I thought his talent was fleeting and he was riding the coat tails of a one. Ben Affleck. Man I hated the success of Good Will Hunting...looking back that film works so well, and those guys still did not deserve the Oscar...but ultimately Matt Damon was the talented one..he is a great actor. Don't get me wrong, it took a long time for Affleck to get close to Damon, to compare them now is comparing Damon's talent to Frank Sinatra, and Afflecks ability to Dean Martin...sure they look good together, and sure Affleck tries...but he will never be a Frank Sinatra.

Damon's film here is a 2002 action picture which was botched with problems due to its due date and then lack of focus by the producers post Sept 11, 2001. They were afraid to put this out in a world that no longer wanted explosions (so says Tony Gilroy the screenwritter and Frank Marshall the producer)...if I learned anything from the Entourage season opener last night...dont trust agents, or producers...Doug Limon of Swingers fame and Matt Damon, make a fun, intriguing old style action film set with modern pizazz.

I just trust the tough, baby face, and honest eyes of Matt Damon...maybe its because of how much he and I have gone through over the years (not that he knows)...but his charm and action sense make him 2 parts Spiderman, 1 part Terminator, and 5 parts Will Hunting

I am really looking forward to catching the rest of this film series now and then I can focus on catching up with "The Shield"...since Frank has said I would like it and I would like to reciprocate his advice and check that show out.

It should be noted that Clive Owen is in this and is great in it...he does barely nothing...but is great at it.

2 comments:

  1. All 3 Bourne movies are fun, smart action movies. Unfortunately, I could not tell you what happened in any specific one. They all blend together.

    ReplyDelete