Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lifetime Movies: 1977

Let's get the ball rolling into 1977...the year of disco, cocaine, and the year SEATO was finally dissolved.

The Nominees:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Annie Hall
Slap Shot
Star Wars

Star Wars by far is the winner in 1977. I saw it in the theater as a youngster and don't remember the experience. But it was on television before HBO and VHS. You know why you love the film, we all do, but even now after the prequels we all love it more than ever. I don't want to bash the Prequels, I like what they are but they just don't hold a candle to the original. As a young kid and kid at heart my life was always somehow surrounded by the film, the toys etc...I saw it again recently and realized that this may be the film I have seen the most of all films, it may not be my favorite of all time, but if Ive seen it the most, why not?...

Close Encounters: features Wyoming's own Devil's Tower...and yet again the Spielberg/Dreyfus grouping works (I gotta see that Always)

Annie Hall: Woody Allen makes like 1 obscure film a year, this was and is his best, I fell in love with Diane Keaton in this film

Slap Shot: I encountered this way too late in life, it was college, a classic sports comedy

Some good solid films this year of 1977 but yet not many films, those are yet to come.

Till next time : BOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment