Monday, April 5, 2010

Playlist: Mad Men

I never fought in a war, I just started drinking whiskey, I do not look "good" in a suit. Do I need these things in my life?...Yes! if his name is Don Draper. Cooper was a man of the Great Depression, Sterling fought in the Pacific during WWII, Draper is a post Korea 1950's man of Men, he is our hope and dreams, he is our super-man. But this man's life is falling apart, as is evident in the opening of every show, he is trying to fit in and be in control, that's why the end of season 3 is so great, he is desperate, they all are desperate, it is the need to have Peggy and Pete, the need to "Move Forward"...as Don says in season 2 I think that links him as a man that must evolve, even if at this moment he is perfect, he knows he must change...

I am scared...I am scared that the writers will just use some clause in the contract to force these men back to the hell that is "Sterling Cooper"...and not give us what we want...what I want...I want Don to move on..."Move Forward"...I want the glory of "Sterling, Cooper, Draper, and Price" to be realized...I want them to hustle, not flounder..I want Betty to suffer, I want this "whore," as Don says, to be a beaten down louse of a woman.

We shall see...as season 4 starts up hopefully in July...we have a lot to look forward to

No comments:

Post a Comment