Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Playlist: 25th Hour or Fuck You FX

OK...so I have spring break this week and I have seen a lot of new stuff, hence all the posts. These posts have now controlled me, I usually watch a trilogy, like Lord of the Rings, the Matrix or Star Wars for the spring break, you know revisit something I like (except all of the Matrix sequels...parts were good but....)

So thanks a lot to FX for screwing up a great film. 25th Hour was on a lot of lists as one of the best of this 2000 decade. I generally don't care for Spike Lee, but sign me up for Ed Norton, Barry Pepper, and the great PSH (that's Phillip Seymour Hoffman).

FX ran about 100 minutes of this 148 minute movie...do I need to say more?..yes...it was poorly edited and no curse words...why watch a film on regular TV anymore?...Why did I bother?...I wanted to clear up a space on my Netflix Queue so Fuck You...no Fuck You FX for leaving out the Fuck You scene...fuck you FX for leaving out the Ed Norton walking...and walking and walking..Fuck You for leaving out the restaurant scene with Pepper and PSH...fuck you for leaving out key scenes where we find out how Ed Norton meets up with Rosario Dawson...anyway its a pretty great film...spike lee does his best to Mimic Brian DePalma mimicking Martin Scorsese

The worst casting had to be, let's see...Tony Siragusa as a stupid fat Russian gangster...at least they got the stupid and fat right.

Post 9-11 New York was done great here...no other film has even touched on it, and Spike Lee marries the city with the Ed Norton character brilliantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment